Hi! Welcome to the site of Desiree Taylor Researcher and History storyteller!
Why I love the study of history:
- The problems we face today live in stories of the past, along with some of the ways those problems were tackled.
- Like excavating buried treasure, uncovering and piecing together the complicated stories of the past is fun.
- Through studying history we can understand ourselves better.
- Truth is stranger than fiction.
- Studying history often allows us to bring in a variety of details and perspectives that help us grapple with emotionally and politically charged issues.
- Studying our histories in community strengthens community.